Non-Negotiable Run Rules
1. Every runner & can shaker must wear a safety vest at all times while on or near the road. (Reminder – can shakers should be 16 years of age).
2. No more than 20 runners are allowed to run at any given time. However, in residential areas or while crossing the bridge coming into Peoria, the Run Coordinator may allow all runners on the road.
3. When only one police escort is available, the escort must be located behind the chase van. The proper order is 1. Runners, 2. Chase Van, 3. Police Escort. No exceptions. This is the safest and agreed-upon order determined during our meeting with all police escort agencies. In the event that your Run has two police escorts, your order can be 1. Police Escort, 2. Runners, 3. Chase Van, 4. Police Escort. Having the police escort positioned directly behind your chase van is expected and mandatory.
4. Only one chase van is allowed in your caravan at any given time (refer to the order above). All other vehicles traveling with your Run need to be given a route map ahead of time and instructed to meet the runners at the next stopping point. Not only does having a large caravan of vehicles cause major traffic congestion, it’s also extremely dangerous for your runners.
5. We strongly encourage runners to raise their minimum fundraising amount by letter-writing. Stationery (letterhead and envelopes) and other supplies are provided to each Run Coordinator and available at the St. Jude Run Office – 4722 N. Sheridan Rd., Peoria. Should you want to have a fundraising event for your run, approval is required by the Run Staff & leaders. Please utilize the event proposal form found on www.stjuderuns.org to submit your ideas to the Run Staff.
6. No alcohol on the Run. Runners will be able to partake in alcoholic beverages only after the Run and Runner Parade have finished.
7. No Running through construction zones, unless an additional lane (other than the one you’re running in) is also open for traffic to pass.
8. Runners are not allowed to wear headphones or other devices that might impair hearing while running (ex: iPods, MP3s, etc.). Music will be provided by the chase vehicle.
9. All donations received of $250 or more require a tax form to be completed and submitted to the St. Jude Run Office. The form is available on www.stjuderuns.org.
10. All Runners must complete a waiver and medical form prior to participating in the Run. The medical forms should be kept in a secure location during the Run itself and only utilized in the case of an emergency. The medical forms should be shredded after the event. All can-shakers are required to complete a waiver and medical form.
11. All Runners must be at least 18 years old in order to participate. Runners 16 years and older are allowed to participate with a parent/legal guardian. The minimum age requirement for the St. Jude Memphis to Peoria Run is 18, due to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital policies.
12. For safety reasons, children are not allowed to participate in the Runner Parade. Not only is the speed and crowd at this parade unsafe for a child, this parade is also meant to showcase those adults who have spent their day(s) running for St. Jude.